Great things about France

September 20th, 2015 jpvoze17

Fantastic things about France so far:

1. My youngest host brother Martin singing songs he’s learned at mass while we’re getting ready for dinner (if you’re interested in a taste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaTDmFA5oEc)
  2. How utterly beautiful is        strasbourg 4 060 View from the top of the cathedrale!
  3. Dinner. Not only do I get to eat really good food (and dessert :D) but sitting around the table with my family is my favorite time of the day because we chat, laugh, have guest sometimes, and are all together
  4. Food. Deserves it’s own point. Did I mention we had crepes for dinner AND dessert last night?strasbourg 4 079 Our set up for crepes. It was kinda a “every man for himself” deal
  5. Catholic faith. There are lots of churches I can go to, which is cool, but my host mom has introduced me to seminarians, a young adults catholic group, and we’ve gone to mass and other events together
  6. Conversations that are fully in French and at the end, you both understood at least some of what the other said
  7. Or reading the book that my host sister lent me! I’m really reading a French book!
  8. Doing anything normal… in French. strasbourg 4 080
  9. Making French friends, even if my definition of that is meeting that person twice
  10. History. The US has it’s own history, but it’s awfully young compared to that of France, and it’s so cool to learn about the history of this country that has been through so much! (In efforts to do this, I am reading my 8 year old host brother’s history book)
  11. Makes me appreciate my language and country and nationality more
  12. The confusion. I am confused about what’s happening almost half the time I’m here. Usually it works out and good things happen, and if not, at least it makes for a good story!
  13. Friends from home showing their love and support. This makes me feel absolutely amazing and I appreciate every text, letter, or phone call
  14. Time alone. A walk or bike ride alone is infinitely better just by virtue of being in France (as long as I’m not hitting anyone or anything…)

strasbourg 4 024 strasbourg 4 078

Love and Peace,

Jessica

2 Responses to “Great things about France”

1. Cyndy says:

Love the pics and def love the text and chats!

Jessica Vozella '17

• Studies: Religious studies major with a French minor in the College Honors Program
  • Hometown: Wakefield, Mass.
  •  
  • Read more about Jessica »